The following rules apply to all games run by Frontier Airsoft. There may be additional rules regarding specific elements of play during different games, such as medic, surrender/capture rules and the amount of time you will have to wait to re-enter the game. Any special rules for the day will be made available when relevant. If no other rules are specified, assume that the following are in use.
Non-hire guns will be tested before the first game and random spot checks may be carried out at any time during the day. Tests will be carried out to determine the joules per shot.
If your weapon exceeds the maximum joules limit on the weight of BB that the you are using for the day (as listed below), you will not be able to play with that weapon, hire weapons will be available in limited numbers.
AEG (Automatic Electric Gun)
This includes: GBB (Gas Blow Back) full auto rifles, machine pistols and all electric weapons.
Pistol / Shotguns
This includes: Full auto pistols, Semi Automatic or Fully Automatic pistols and all types of Shotguns (unless player designates the weapon as a DMR – see rules below)
Can be gas powered or electric.
DMR Sniper Rifles (semi auto sniper rifles)
This includes: Any Rifle that is designated as a sniper (Gas or electric), rifles in this class can only fire one round per trigger pull and have no other firing options on the selector – this does not include AEGs put on single shot mode, if the gun is physically capable of firing more than one round per trigger pull regardless of how the selector is set up, it does not count as a DMR.
Bolt Action Sniper Rifles
This includes: Any Spring or Gas powered Sniper Rifle, that CAN ONLY be fired on Single shot, where the player must re cock the weapon to fire a second shot – this does not include AEGs put on single shot mode.
Minimum engagement rule: Players must restrict fire to targets further than 60 feet away. Secondary weapon recommended to players with sniper rifles.
- ONLY pyrotechnics or smoke grenades purchased at Frontier Airsoft can be used at the site. (Unless given permission by the management to use your own.)
- Pyros and grenades may only be used by persons aged 18 or over.
Eye & Face Protection
- Goggles or shooting glasses are allowed, although a full face mask is recommended.
- Players under 18 MUST wear full face protection – this is non-negotiable.
- Everyone must sign an insurance waiver every game. Those under 18 must get a parent or guardian to sign the form for them when they arrive on site.
- Blank forms are available on game days or you can print one in advance from our downloads page.
Minimum Age Limit
- You must be 14 years or older to play on this site (left unattended).
- 12 years old is the minimum ages but anyone under 14 must have an adult on site with them.
- See the section above regarding insurance waivers for players under 18 years old.
Frontier airsoft advise you wear boots with good ankle protection , trainers are allowed but are worn at your own risk.